Sunday, October 28, 2007

fyi: topix news search

The other day, I was looking for a local news article about a high school football game, but couldn't find the game details I was looking for - all I could find was the score. Our local newspaper doesn't offer online article viewing unless you're a subscriber. After searching several other local news sites online and having no luck with their archives, I found a site called Topix.net which has indexed a vast amount of news stories from all over the web.

Topix.net allows you to search news relevant to your area by entering the topic, city, state or postal code. The site pointed me directly to the article I was looking for and may help you as well. There's also a local forum for discussion and comments about news articles and you can list a free classified ad there, too!

No comments: