Friday, October 05, 2007

tracking progress...

I cannot believe it's already October - this year has gone by so fast and they seem to go by faster year by year. During September, I set a goal for myself to help our financial situation by earning some extra bucks. Usually, I have to cook the books and rob Peter to pay Paul just to make ends meet, but last month, I decided to bear down and put my nose to the grindstone; now, things are looking up. I made a spreadsheet, set my goal, worked hard and met and exceeded my goal. I made the spreadsheet because I find that if I track my progress, I become more focused; it keeps me honest. Being a quality engineer, I'm all about continuous improvement. So, this month, I'm setting my goal a bit higher and although it's early in the month, I'm right on target...

No comments: