Friday, November 09, 2007

back amongst the living...

Last week was a rough one. I woke up Monday all swollen and puffy and I knew something wasn't right. Tuesday, I felt horrible and by Wednesday, I felt like I'd have to get better to die. I finally made it to the doctor last Thursday and found out that I have a really bad sinus infection. I was relieved to know that's what it was and that I didn't really need to make sure my life insurance policy was up to date.

I've never had a sinus infection this bad before and even though I feel much better, I still have a runny nose, a bit of a cough and some congestion, but I have learned something interesting throughout this ordeal. If you have a cough - especially one like I have at night that's just a dry hack, try rubbing some Vick's Vapor Rub or Mentholatum on the bottoms of your feet. Yes, on the bottoms of you feet, then put your socks on. I did this. It works. I didn't cough at all through the night and rested easy till morning. Just make sure you wash the medicine off before going outside the next morning.

Vick's will be a staple in my medicine cabinet from now on. Best thing is, you can use this remedy on kids to avoid giving them strong prescription cough medicine - it can't hurt, right?

No comments: