Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sweatin' to the Oldies...

Not really oldies, but all the songs make me sweat.

Yes, I have joined the Dance, Dance Revolution as part of my fitness program. My son heard about a really good deal on a PlayStation 2 console and I snatched it up. I got the PS2 system, 6 games, 2 controllers and 2 memory cards for $60, then I bought the DDR game and mat.

I knew I would enjoy getting in a little exercise this way since I've always loved video games. I am part of the Atari generation and the first 'computer' I had was hooked up to a 1978 Sears Solid State 13" color TV for a monitor. I digress.

Getting back to the game. I love it! It gets my heart rate up and there are so many levels and songs, my routine can increase in difficulty as I get better at the game. DDR has a workout mode, too which provides many user-configured options like how many calories to burn based on your height and weight, or you can specify a workout duration.

Now, the only problem I have is keeping my PS2 hooked up where I have plenty of floor space. My son sold his XBOX 360 and keeps moving my PS2 to his room to keep from going into withdrawals...

No comments: