Friday, September 07, 2007

get your photos back!

I haven't had this happen to me [knock on wood], but I've read about others who've experienced memory card failure losing all their pictures stored on the device. I know some people who have large memory cards and don't always download their photos to their PC or back them up which can be dangerous.

I read about a photographer who returned from a shoot and found he had a corrupt memory card. He actually used the program to recover the photos [all of them]. Sweet! I thought I'd share this useful information since so many people use these devices now. The photo recovery program is called PhotoRescue and was designed to undelete, unerase and recover pictures, images, photos and files lost on corrupted, erased or damaged compact flash, smartmedia, memory sticks, mmd, XD, multimedia or secure digital memory cards when other solutions fail. And, it's available for the PC and Mac OS X.

I take a lot of pictures and hope this won't happen to me, but this is very good to know and hopefully it will help someone else recover their priceless memories...

No comments: