Monday, September 03, 2007

surveillance audit

Our surveillance audit for ISO9000:2001 is coming up on the 13th & 14th, so it's getting down to crunch time as far as getting things ready. I say crunch time, but really it's just getting the normal things done that we do on a daily basis. I used to have a boss who went all chaotic prior to the audit, working countless overtime hours going over reams and reams of documentation, attending meeting after meeting to make sure everyone knew what to do.

For the past 3 years, my current boss and I have handled the audit and the prep. I've found that the best way to prepare for the audit is to practice what you preach year-round. Don't try to bypass the system, just follow procedure and promote that to others. My old boss was one of the worst for bypassing the system to get things done, then crucifying others if they were caught doing the same.

So, there will be no Chinese fire drill, no Seagull management here; just a walk-through of the facility and a brief internal audit (which we have to do anyway).

It's simple; do what you say you do and you'll be fine.

No comments: