Saturday, September 22, 2007

pirate party

Tomorrow, I'm going to a Pirate themed party hosted by some friends of mine. Every year, they throw a party with a different theme and this year, it's a Pirate Treasure Hunt. I will be Aretha Lamaze, the captain of the black team and my ship, The Raging Hormone. Yes, we chose that name when we thought it would be guys vs. girls. It appears there'll be more girls than guys there, so the "Hormone" will apply to the Estrogen and Testosterone alike - men have hormones, too.

I went to a local thrift store today and picked up a black vest, some black pants, a pair of chunky black lace up the back boots, and some black material to cut up and tie in various places to make my costume look ragged. I also bought a black tablecloth at the dollar store and am hoping to make that into a sash and/or boot covers.

It should be a fun evening with some good matey's.

No comments: